Monday, May 19, 2014

Pretty Little Princess

Dearest Zoë,

On May 7th you turned 3 years old. My, how quickly you have grown!


I planned a fun Princess Tea Party for you and your friend Clara, only it turned out I wasn't able to be there to watch your eyes light up at the decorations and presents, or giggle with glee while dancing in your pretty dress, or pour your own cup of apple-kiwi-strawberry "tea." Your Daddy and I were in the hospital, tired and worn out but anxiously awaiting the arrival of your baby brother. The most difficult part of the entire day was knowing that I was missing out and couldn't be with you to celebrate. You know how much I love a good party! Thanks to Didi and Chrysia and Clara, you were still able to have a very special day.



I love you so much my heart could burst! You constantly amaze me, bring me so much joy and laughter. I find myself staring at you and your gorgeous eyes, perfect doll-like face and hair with such volume it makes mine envious. :) I adore your sweet tenderness and empathetic heart. Every day is full of drama and excitement - there is never a dull moment with you around.


You are in full princess phase right now, always wanting to be like Elsa or Cinderella or Rapunzel or Sophia, dressing up and dancing, singing and curtsying, wearing crowns and capes and necklaces. For three full years you have been our one and only - and you will always be our little princess.



But my prayer is that you will come to find that you are already a Princess of the King, in the Kingdom of the Most High. Your beauty does not come from fancy dresses or crowns, but radiates from a beautiful heart within and the unique beauty lovingly given to you by your Maker. May you come to act like a real Princess of God's Kingdom, who walks in humility, love, integrity, compassion and grace.


This will be the last post in this blog for you, dear one, for you are no longer our one and only. Now begins another adventure with little brother Isaiah in tow! You already love him very much and soon I know you will become best of friends!


love always,
Mommy

(You can keep up with our adventure on our family blog at poppensphdadventure.blogspot.com)







No comments:

Post a Comment